If you interested in adopting one of our cats or kittens; please complete an Adoption Application online. One of our volunteers will call you as soon as we receive your application.
Bella is a beautiful, sweet, happy Maine Coon mix who needs surgery to remove a mass from one of her back legs. She was surrendered to the shelter with her friend Lottie. We were told that they had been abandoned by their previous owner. She was examined by a veterinary surgeon who recommended removal of the tumor and a biopsy. She is scheduled for bloodwork and x-rays prior to her surgery. Bella is active and the tumor does not restrict her movement at this time. However it is quite large and must be removed. The estimated cost of the surgery is between $2790 - $3,000. We are asking for monetary contributions to support Bella's surgery. Donations can be sent to the shelter or through PayPal.
Our shelter does not focus on statistics. We focus on each individual life that needs our help. We are asking for your financial support so that we can help Bella.
A Special Appeal to Help a Special Cat
- ‘Gratitude is something none of us can give too much.’
Some Interesting Facts About Cat Anatomy and Physiology:
- Cats use their whiskers to “feel” the world around them.
A cat’s whiskers are generally about the width of their body.
You should NEVER cut their whiskers.
- White cats with blue eyes are prone to deafness.
- A group of kittens is called a kindle.
- For some reason, cats really dislike citrus scents.
- Cats groom other cats – and sometimes people,
in a ritual called allogrooming.
*Update* - It has been a very difficult decision but Bella is scheduled to have her rear leg amputated on September 20th. She is such a nice cat and we are hoping that she will adapt to her new life. Cats cope very well on three legs once they’ve had time to readapt. She will need to recover from the surgery and learn to walk and run again. Our shelter has adopted several three legged cats in the past but this is the first time we have had to make the decision to amputate. Everyone who visits the shelter comments on Bella’s lovely disposition. We are hoping this special girl does well with the surgery and will be able to live a happy and full life.
- Cats walk like camels and giraffes. They move their right feet first and then move both of their left feet. No other animals walk this way.
- Cats have large eyes relative to their head size. They have the largest eyes of any mammal.
- Kneading – some people refer to as “making biscuits” is a sign of contentment and happiness. Kittens knead their mothers when they are nursing to stimulate milk production.
- Female cats can get pregnant when they are only four months old.
My name is Whisper. As you can see from my picture; I am a very pretty girl. My human “Mom” must find me a new home which makes her(and me) very upset. I am 8-years-old and in very good health. I’m very affectionate and loving. All my “supplies” – food, litter, toys, etc. – are coming with me. I LOVE my fleece blankets so those are coming also. I would prefer to be the only feline in my new home but I have lived with mature cat-friendly dogs in the past. I have all the good qualities that maturity brings – and – I have lots of love to share.
Please Help Us Find Whisper A Home
People4Animals © All rights reserved